German Fruitcake (🇩🇪Obstboden Kuchen) is the easiest cake that I can make, I made this at least once, almost every year. Because this is my boyfriend’s favourites and every year on his Birthday I made them for him.
Recipes for the form (ca.Ø 28 cm – Ø 30 cm)
Don’t forget to put a little fat and some wheat flour on the form, so it won’t be sticky. For the Heat you can put it on; Top / bottom heating around 180°C or Hot-air around 160°C.
Batter Recipes :
- 125g soft butter or margarine
- 120g of sugar
- 1pcs. vanillin sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 eggs (size M)
- 200g of wheat flour
- 2 Tea spoons Backing Powder
- 3 Tables spoons of milk
How to make the Batter :
- Mix butter or margarine in a mixing bowl with a mixer (stirring sticks) until smooth.
- add the sugar, vanillin sugar and a pinch of salt while stirring.
- Stir in egg one by one. Mix it at the highest level.
- Mix the flour with the backing powder and add it in the mixing bowl. Add the Milk and mix it.
- Spread the batter in the fruitcake pan and smooth it out. Put it in the oven for ca.20min.
After it’s done put the fruitcake base out onto a baking rack lined with baking paper and let it cool. Cover the fruit base with fruits you like and cover with cake glaze.
- Fruits that you like; recommended, berries, kiwis, banana, peach and Cherries.
- Vanilla puddings; put it in between base and fruits.
I hope you like it! Happy trying ✨